Probate & Estate Administration
Following a death of an individual, certain assets cannot be dealt with until a personal representative is appointed and a grant has been issued. We can help you through the estate administration process from obtaining the grant of probate or administration to the final distribution of the estate assets. Some examples of the steps taken in this process are:
- Completing a Wills Search
- Ascertaining value of all assets of the deceased
- Giving Notice to all parties entitled to Notice of the grant application
- Setting up an estate bank account
- Applying for a Grant of Probate or Administration
- Transferring estate assets to the executor or administrator
- Preparing an estate accounting for beneficiary approval
- Collecting releases from beneficiaries
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Providing estate accountant with information required to obtain Clearance Certificate
How much are Probate Fees?
The probate fees are $6 for each $1000 or part thereof of estate value in excess of $25, 000, up to $50,000, plus $14 for each $1000 or part thereof of estate value in excess of $50,000 together with a $200 court filing fee. This is the fee payable to the Minister of Finance.
If you are not sure what the next step is for you, please contact our office to set up a consultation. We do not charge a fee for your initial consultation.